What references do I need to get? | Homefinders

What references do I need to get?

Most agencies mention “referencing” to new tenants. We carry out referencing checks to ensure that you can afford the rent, and are suitable to rent our properties. To do this we need:

  • Proof of ID – Driver’s License or Passport
  • A reference from your previous landlord
  • Proof of income – three months of bank statements/pay slips and a letter from your employer confirming your current job situation
  • Proof of address – utility bills, bank statements, etc, from your current address